Fire crews responded to a report of a residential structure fire in the 5600 block of Black Lake Belmore Rd SW, just outside of Tumwater, just before midnight Sunday evening.
Crews arrived on scene to find flames showing from a single-wide mobile home. 911 callers reported that the fire likely started in a dryer, according to scanner traffic.
Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control. The extent of damage is unclear. All human occupants were able to evacuate, but firefighters removed a deceased cat and bird from the home, according to witnesses.
Crews from McLane-Black Lake Fire District #9, Tumwater Fire Department, East Olympia Fire District #6, and West Thurston Fire District #1 responded to the scene.